Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Updates, Downdates and Dates You're Kinda Still On The Fence About...

Good morning/afternoon/evening to you! Figured I'd cover my time-of-day bases in case it changes while you're reading. Do we actually really know when morning becomes afternoon becomes evening? I do not. However, I DO know that:



My song "Home Free" was recently a nominee for "Song Of The Year" over with the folks at "Strictly Country", which I guess is Country Music's Most Diverse Magazine. Check out the ballot right here: www.strictly-country.com/Ballot.html. I don't know what exactly will happen if you vote a bunch and "Home Free" actually wins something...they won't be making any movies about me or making my song the plot of the next Indiana Jones movie. But I think it's a cool song and I believe in it's message...so the more ears getting to listen to it, the better! Just as long as it beats out "Green Bananas", I'll go bananas and mine will be a very normal yellow. So click now and VOTE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT TO/CAN! Once again: www.strictly-country.com/Ballot.html. And what the heck's in it for you?! Hmmm...good question. How about this... if we win, I will provide for you...



A NEW CAR!! Oh, no...sorry, Bob Barker, wrong game. But we do have some news and some of the letters spelling out the words included in the news bullet points can be rearranged to spell "c-a-r" so that's kinda cool. Start your engines:



- The new album will be finished this week!!! *Deep Sigh Of Relief*...*Long Fatigue-Induced Weep Of Exhaustion*...*Chills Of Excitement At How Badass it Is* We've still got a few months til official release but I'm hoping to get a little preview of it up very soon, either on the website or maybe even over on the phone line...



- Speaking of, there is a new M.D. Phone Line: 615-212-WOLF (9653). We have not done so yet but there will be song previews and snippets up there if you give it a quick call because, let's face it - I am not the best at writing these here emails in a timely manner. The suggestion was made to have something a little more available for you to check in on me and I liked the idea! You can even leave (Mom, stop reading for a few words) sexy messages and, my personal favorite...hate voicemail! Had my fairshare, always entertaining.



- There are also T-shirts available now! They aren't available at shows yet but we do have them online here. Looks like there's a mug or two, a hat, a pink spaghetti strap thing for the ladies, as well as the ultimate M.D. show-stopper: a red hoodie!!! We'll get some wine openers and shot glasses and have us a party.



- Also, we're still awaiting the release of "Right Now, Romeo" on the Rock Band Network. It was supposed to be active 12/09 but got delayed for some teckkie reason so we're still waiting on the official Rock Band word. It's been accepted though so, as soon as they have it online, I'll let you know and you can go download it. If you don't know the song, download the mp3 here and check it out!



So that's the news so far. I can't begin to convey how unbelievable this new music is going to be and how amazing everyone around me has been. I CANNOT WAIT for you to hear it! My producer and incredible friend, Greg Strizek, has taken the project under his pretective wing (as I knew he would) and helped me create some true magic. I am so excited that we are indeed, almost there.



So here is a HUGE Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you, your family and loved ones, and to all of our military serving us everywhere. We wish you a safe return. See you soon...



Mason

No comments: